29th April 2021
Here are some facts about apprenticeships that you may not have known before.
Facts about apprentices
1. After an apprenticeship 90% of people stay in employment.
2. Apprenticeships are not just for people who have just left school. They are for anyone over the age of 16, including graduates and managers.
3. 92% of apprentices felt like their apprenticeship had a positive impact on their career.
4. It is a real job and you will work a minimum of 30 hours a week.
5. People who are completing a higher apprenticeship could see increased earnings of an estimated £150,000 in their lifetime.
Facts for employers
1.89% of employers reported that apprenticeships helped their business improve the quality of their product or service.
2. Employers say that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications.
3. 77% of employers say that having apprentices made their business more competitive.
4. 80% or employers report that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover.
5. Apprenticeships enable businesses to grow their skills base resulting in increased profits, lower prices and better products.