Software Tester Apprenticeship
One of our digital opportunities for you is a Software Tester apprenticeship, which has many benefits to a range of industries and involves a varied and interesting learning experience. Not only this, but Software Testers are growing in demand due to our dependence on digital and this qualification can open up many opportunities in the digital sector.
The role of a Software Tester is to ensure that software operates as intended; they will typically design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure that software is fit for purpose. This also involves documenting and reporting the results of testing activities.
Skills / Behaviours Required:
- Logical attitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Thorough and organised approach
- The ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- The ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Able to maintain a productive, professional and secure working environment
How this benefits a business:
- Ensures software and applications are flawless, from a marketing perspective this would also provide value to your target customers which attracts them to your brand
- Focuses on digital security, helping to prevent any disruptions or threats such as malware attacks
- Eliminating any performance issues guarantees a better user experience which in turn improves customer acquisition and loyalty
- By having a specific person involved in testing, security and digital improvements, the rest of the business can run efficiently, being supported by the Software Tester
- As their role is to ensure software is fit for purpose, by identifying any errors early, maintenance costs are reduced in the long run
Whilst you may think software testers are primarily found in digital companies, with the expansion of digital in our work lives, these are actually useful for a range of businesses, including:
If this apprenticeship sounds interesting to you, contact us today for more information on how this can benefit you and your business. Also, visit our Apprenticeships page for more information on the qualification!